WARNING: This is an update only for the older versions of the SJ5000+ cameras that originally came with firmware 2.7 or lower, and for the LCD screen size of 1.5".
The newest firmware files can be found under the following link:
Firmware version 2.6 LCD 1.5": click to download, you will be forwarded to an external download site
Firmware version 2.8.0 LCD 1.5" (16-Dec-2015): click to download, you will be forwarded to an external download site
NEW! Firmware version 2.8.4 LCD 1.5" (24-Feb-2016): click to download, you will be forwarded to an external download site
Before the firmware update, please make sure to use a high quality class 10 memory card, a list of supported cards can be found here:
To upgrade the firmware properly, follow the steps carefully:
1. Power the camera off.
2. Remove the battery and the MicroSD card from the camera.
3. Reformat the MicroSD card using the FAT32 file format* on your computer.
4. Copy the firmware files into the root directory of your MicroSD card.
5. Reinsert the SD card to your camera.
6. Reinsert the battery.
7. Connect the camera with charger, the camera will be upgraded automatically
8. After the firmware update is completed remove the SD card from the camera and format it again on your computer, make sure to use the FAT32 file format*.
*We recommend to do the format under Windows or MAC, some Linux users are getting problems updating because the format is not correct.
IMPORTANT! Delete the firmware update file/s after installing. You can either delete it by formatting the card on the camera, or manually delete the installation file on the card through your computer.
NOTE: If the firmware doesn't start automatically when the camera is turned on, go to Settings and select Version, the camera will ask if you want to install the firmware file, accept and wait until the update is finished.
Should you have any questions regarding the firmware update, please submit a ticket or email us at email@example.com